Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ten Questions

“Lord, why am I on such a short leash?”
Only you establish the length.

“But what does that mean Lord?”
Follow the path I have laid so clearly and the length becomes infinite.

"Infinite?"
Eternal.

“But there are those, Lord, who attain success, fame, goals, and riches who don’t follow this path. Those who don’t believe in you. Those that defy your existence.”
Envy only your own path. Their path is not yours. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

“Some seem so ambitious, Lord. So determined. So driven.”
These things are finite. They are not substitutes for faith.

“Lord, I feel so stuck. Why don’t you give me a break?”
Only you control this suffering.

“Suffering?”
Vanity and fear are your only obstacles.

“So Lord, there are conditions I have to meet before I can achieve success?”
Freedom awaits.

“Lord, why do you haunt me so?”
Fear not. Only with your eyes and your heart open are you haunted.

“But Lord, why are you always - there?
Because I am always here.

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Brother Briar,
    your imperfect Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very Zen...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound troubled and disappointed. You seem to be crying out to the Lord. They are more like cries than questions.

    ReplyDelete